From spending more time with family to vowing to lose weight, new year’s resolutions are us genuinely trying to be the very best versions of ourselves that we can be. Once that New Year’s Eve ball drops to zero, we discard all our shortcomings from the previous year and tell ourselves the new year is a clean slate.
Unfortunately, addiction isn’t one of those vices you can just brush under the rug and forget about. As much as you may want to stop drinking or doing drugs on your own, it’s safer and more effective to get sober at an addiction treatment center.
Aren’t you tired of being chained to alcohol or drug cravings day in and day out? Would your family and friends love nothing more than to see you healthy and living a drug-free life again? If you can’t enter addiction treatment before the holidays, make rehab your new year’s resolution!
7 Reasons Why Sobriety Should Be Your New Year’s Resolution
1. To Save Your Life. Drug overdose has been on the rise since the ‘90s and is now the leading cause of death for people under 50 years old. Whether you’ve thought about it or not, the next time you drink or get high could be your last. Would it be worth it? Your life is worth so much more than that, so make the decision to enter rehab to save your life.
2. To Make Up for Lost Time. You’ll never be able to go back in time and change the mistakes you made when drunk or high. But that doesn’t mean you can’t try to make amends and do better in the coming years. Make the choice to enter rehab in the new year, so that you can live better and take advantage of the time you do have.
3. To Take Back Control of Your Life. Substance abuse has controlled your life since the first time you drank or used drugs. Your daily schedule is built around your cravings and your behaviors, decisions and emotions are all at the mercy of your addiction. Haven’t you had enough? In rehab, you’ll get the drugs out of your system for good and take back control of your own life.
4. Your Family and Friends. Your family loves you and they’re worried about you. And even if you’ve damaged relationships because of your substance abuse, your family and friends want to see you get better. Life would not be better without you, so use rehab to help you rebuild caring, supportive relationships and give your family and friends peace of mind.
5. Your Health and Happiness. Are you happy? You may feel euphoric and invincible when drinking or using drugs, but what’s left when the high wears off? Alcohol and drugs aren’t substitutes for health and happiness. In rehab, you’ll improve your diet and focus on recovering from mental health challenges like depression and anxiety to help you become a healthy, fulfilled individual again.
6. Future Financial Success. It’s taken a lot of money to sustain your addiction, from purchasing drugs to serious legal expenses. But drug use doesn’t have to continue eating away at your financials. Long-term sobriety can give you a chance to rebuild your career and achieve financial stability.
7. Because You Have the Power. If you’re sick and tired of addiction, you have the power to say, “enough is enough”. Forget excuses like not having enough time or feeling too guilty or ashamed to admit you’re struggling. The only person stopping you from seeking treatment and recovery is you, so make the decision to enter addiction treatment in the new year.
View Photos Of Our Ranch
Find Your Fresh Start at The Raleigh House
Imagine waking up every morning to crisp, refreshing mountain air and beautiful sunrises peaking over the mountain tops. There’s nothing but peaceful land and nature surrounding you for miles, with the city of Denver visible off in the distance. This is what you get when you come to The Raleigh House for addiction treatment.
At our wellness lodge called The Ranch, you’ll begin our continuum of care with detox. Our licensed and experienced team will support you through this process and make you as comfortable as possible.
Then, once the alcohol or drugs are out of your system, you’ll enter our residential treatment program where you’ll eat healthy, 5-star meals made from scratch, participate in individual and group therapy sessions and focus on strengthening your mind and body with physical activities like rock-climbing and equine therapy.
In both detox and residential treatment, you’ll be far removed from your old environment. You won’t run into people you know and you won’t be constantly surrounded by triggers. You’ll simply be in a beautiful, supportive, judgment-free environment with people who are trained to provide compassionate and effective treatment and support.
Once you’ve successfully completed residential treatment, you’ll be able to transition to our outpatient program in Arvada, where you’ll begin to regain your independence and learn to live every-day life without alcohol or drugs.
Contact The Raleigh House Today to Get Started
At The Raleigh House, it’s our mission to help you find long-lasting recovery after addiction. If you’re ready to overcome substance abuse this new year, we’re determined to help you achieve your new year’s resolution and make a healthy, drug-free life for yourself that you can be proud of.
To get started, fill out our form or contact us now to get in touch with one of our friendly admissions team members.