Being mindful is more than just a moment; it’s a way of life. It means being present and taking in and accepting what’s right in front of you.
Meditation is a focused way to learn to be more mindful, so that the feeling can overflow into the rest of your life.
These days, learning to meditate is easier than ever. Here are five mindfulness apps to help you launch your own meditation practice. If you’re rolling your eyes right about now and not quite sold on the benefit of mindfulness, check this information out.
Best Meditation Apps
- Calm. Offers a variety of three- to 25-minute sessions, plus a 10-minute Daily Calm feature, breathing exercises and soothing sounds. But it may be the app’s sleep stories that are the best feature of this app, including “The Orient Express,” “The Velveteen Rabbit” and “Healing Piano.”
- The Mindfulness App. This app offers guided meditation sessions ranging from three to 30 minutes. It also tracks how many days in a row you’ve meditated.
- Headspace. This app offers guided meditations for work, kids, sleep, focus, stress and anxiety. It excels at step-by-step instruction to those who have never meditated or explored mindfulness before.
- Buddhify. This app is all about meditation on-the-go, realizing that even 10 solid quiet minutes can be hard to come by in the course of a busy day.
- Stop, Breathe, and Think. Imagine a stressful situation that causes you to feel anxiety building inside of you. This app allows you to check yourself before the panic takes over. There are more than 55 meditative practices tailored to every need.
Mindfulness and Addiction Treatment at The Raleigh House
The Raleigh House is a residential treatment center located in Denver that believes addiction isn’t just a physical problem. Our master’s level trained therapists get to the root cause of addiction and will help you develop a strategy to manage and enjoy life without drugs or alcohol. Fill out our form or contact us today to learn more about the treatment programs at The Raleigh House.