As a resident of the Cornhusker State, you’re no stranger to harsh winters. For better or worse, you’re all too familiar with blistery snowstorms and temperatures that habitually drop below zero. While it’s normal to be cooped up in the house during Nebraska winters, this behavior can be increasingly stressful if you’re struggling with an alcohol or drug addiction.
As we head into the winter season where COVID-19 is expected to continue taking a toll on people’s well-being, it’s more important than ever for you to overcome your substance abuse before it becomes life-threatening. Leaving the state to attend addiction treatment in Colorado may be just the solution you need.
6 Reasons Why You Should Go to Addiction Rehab in Colorado
Winters in Nebraska can last anywhere from five to seven months. Going to an addiction treatment center out of state can help you escape at least some of the winter and better prepare you to handle the cold season when you return in recovery.
As you’re looking for addiction treatment, look no further than the state of Colorado that offers the following benefits:
1. Winters are Milder than in Nebraska. Winters, particularly in Denver and at lower elevations, are significantly more pleasant than Nebraska. Average temperatures in the winter months are around 45 degrees Fahrenheit and snow tends to not stay on the ground long. This means you won’t be restless indoors as much as you would be in your home state.
2. You Can Get Outside to Stay Active. With milder temperatures, Colorado residents and visitors are able to get outside more often to ski, golf, hike and shop. When you’re in addiction treatment in Colorado, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors – something that greatly lowers the substance abuse temptations you’d feel if you were stuck in your house in Nebraska.
3. You Can Avoid Seasonal Affective Disorder. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It is oftentimes referred to as winter depression because it occurs most often when people are stuck indoors and can’t get enough natural sunlight. Going to addiction treatment in Colorado where you can stay active outside and enjoy greater sun exposure can help you avoid this type of depression that is known to increase substance use if not treated properly.
4. You’ll Never Be Bored. What are some of the common times you’ve drank or used drugs? One of those times was probably when you were bored at home with nothing else to do. Addiction treatment in Colorado can help you prevent boredom, which ultimately helps you avoid continued substance abuse. You’ll participate in outdoor exercise, meet regularly with your therapists and socialize with other clients at the treatment center – all things that will prevent you from feeling bored and restless.
5. You’ll No Longer be Isolated. Winters tend to keep you from going out as often as you’d like. Unfortunately, this year’s COVID-19 pandemic may make the winter season feel even more isolating. Instead of being stuck in your house, escape to an addiction treatment center in Colorado, like The Raleigh House. You’ll get the privacy you want as you heal from addiction, but you’ll also be surrounded by therapists and other clients who know what you’re going through and can be a reliable support group for you.
6. You Can Avoid Holiday Triggers. The winter months include holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve – all holidays that usually include alcohol-filled festivities with family and friends. If the stress or anxiety of these holidays tempts you to drink or use drugs, why not get away to addiction treatment in Colorado? Rehab out of state can serve as a respite from the yearly holiday activities. At The Raleigh House, in particular, we can help you get to the bottom of your addiction and the reason why the holidays affect you, so that you can actually enjoy them again with your loved ones for years to come.
Come to Colorado for Addiction Treatment at The Raleigh House
If you’re looking for the right place to overcome your substance abuse, there’s no better place than The Raleigh House. Our residential wellness lodge called The Ranch is just outside Denver, giving you the perfect place to privately heal from addiction and any mental health disorders you may struggle with.
When you come to The Ranch, you’ll take part in evidence-based treatments like individual therapy and group therapy to help you get to the bottom of your substance abuse behavior and develop healthier ways to cope with your triggers. You’ll also participate in experiential therapies designed to strengthen your body, mind and spirit.
Are you ready to beat your addiction and find lasting recovery? Contact our admissions team today to learn more about our treatment approach and find out how to get started.